Last night, Elaine Kim presented her new Lover’s Tempo spring and summer jewelry collection and the gorgeous pieces were a huge success! While celebrating Elaine and her new designs, everyone enjoyed beautifully decorated pastries by Liberty Bakery and tasty wine samples by Broadway International Wine Shop.
Thanks to our neighbourhood friends, Liberty Bakery and Broadway international Wine Shop for contributing to such a successful night. Our staff heard many compliments about how great the refreshments tasted.
Elaine’s vibrant personality filled the room as she mingled with friends, family and other Lover’s Tempo guests while describing her eclectic designs and colour inspirations for this season.
All of the jewelry that was previewed last night is now available in store and some of the pieces are only carried in our store!
Thanks to everyone who attended!
Are you a lover of Lover’s Tempo jewelry? Because we are! We’re excited to announce that we will be hosting our first meet and greet event with Vancouver based jewelry designer, Elaine Kim on Thursday April 9, 2015. This event is the perfect chance to preview Elaine’s new spring-summer collection which could become the perfect new accessory for your upcoming occasions. Enjoy refreshments as you meet Elaine and shop the night away.
- Where – Front and Company, 3772 Main Street Vancouver, BC V5V 3N7
- When – April 9, 2015 from 7pm to 9pm after regular hours
- Who – You and a guest but space is limited so RSVP as soon as possible at email@example.com
Elaine Kim created Lover’s Tempo jewelry line after completing her BA in Art History and a minor in Fine Arts at UBC. Through her studies and fashion experiences, she found her true passion for unique, quality designed jewelry made for various occasions. Elaine believes in designs that are effortlessly elegant for young, modern day girls. Elaine also loves using vibrant colour palettes and eclectic designs in her pieces which represents her new night sky theme collection. Before we get too carried away with exclusive event details, RSVP for a night of shopping, mingling and fun!
We also want to mention that we’ve partnered with Broadway International Wine Shop for a private wine tasting happening this night only. Refreshments by our new neighbours, Liberty Bakery.
Sneak peak of Elaine’s spring-summer collection
We’d like to take the time to thank our wonderful customers and Georgia Straight readers for voting us your favorite vintage and women’s clothing store, as well as your second favorite gift shop! Your continued support of our local, independent business means a lot to us and we wouldn’t be here without all of your continue support. So, hat’s off to all of you who, like us, love all things kitschy, eclectic, and one-of-a-kind.
On August 28th, Front & Company is going to be hosting our last Summer Nights event. And because it’s our last, we’re going out with a bang! JJ’s Trucketeria, the legendary local yellow food truck, will be parked outside of Front & Co from 7 – 9pm on August 28th to satisfy those hunger pains that come with a night of shopping till you drop.
JJ’s Trucketeria is one of our favorite food trucks as they create delicious Asian-inspired comfort food made with healthy, seasonal ingredients. One of our favorite dishes is their garlic fried rice plates featuring the flavors of Southeast Asia including from the Phillipines, Vietnam, and India. Did we mention it also comes with a fried egg on top? Yum!
RSVP on Facebook, and come hungry! We can’t wait to see you!
Breaking news! Additionally, we are going to have our famous rummage sale beginning on summer nights! The rummage sale is a mythical event where items are priced so low, they disappear in an instant!
All the more reason to head on down to Summer Nights!
Front & Company is teaming up with local popsicle geniuses, Nice Pops, for our second Summer Nights event where we will be keeping our doors open till 9PM on July 31st for a night of shopping, snacks, and cool treats!
Nice Pops has been hawking their deliciously imaginative pops throughout Vancouver on their mobile bike stand, and will be making camp in front of Front & Company on July 31st from 7 – 9pm. We’ve been big fans of Nice Pops since they’ve started pedaling. Their artisan popsicles are drool-inducing with flavors such as Strawberry + Balsamic, Apricot + Salted Caramel, Blueberry + Cream, and Rhubarb Cardamom!
Spend over $150 on our clothing store side (or $100 on our gift store side!) before July 31st, and you’ll be given a coupon to come back on July 31st for a free treat from Nice Pops!
Tell your friends and RSVP on Facebook! See you there!
Thank you all so much for attending our first Summer Nights event! We’re so thrilled that we were able to see so many beautiful faces, drink some tasty beer, and eat delicious snacks.
We had a few people asking us how we made our popcorn, so if you liked our Summer Nights popcorn we’re going to give you the low down on how to do it at home!
We used a stove top and popping corn to give it that rich flavor, but if you have an air-pop popcorn machine, feel free to use that as well!
Garlic and Parmesan Popcorn
1. In a small pot, melt 1/4 cup of butter.
2. Press a few cloves of garlic (depending on how garlicky you like it! We find 6 cloves provides ample garlic flavor)
3. Add the pressed garlic to the melted butter on low heat to infuse the garlic.
4. Give a few pinches of dried thyme and dried basil to the butter/garlic mixture, and let simmer till it smells fragrant.
5. While the butter is still melted, pour the mixture over popcorn and toss. Add salt to taste.
6. Finally, use a fine micro-plane to grate Parmesan all over and toss once more.
Brown Butter, Lemon and Old Bay Popcorn
1. Begin by browning some butter by adding 1/4 cup of butter into a pan over medium heat. Let the butter melt and let it continue to melt till it starts foaming, turns brown in color, and gives off a nutty aroma. Carefully watch the butter at this point as it can go from brown to burnt quickly!
2. Next, zest one lemon completely.
3. Once the butter has been browned and the lemon has been zested, toss the warm brown butter and zest into already popped pop corn.
4. Grab some Old Bay Seasoning (seasoning salt or a mixture of spices such as paprika, coriander, cayenne, and black pepper works as well if you do not have Old Bay) and sprinkle it over the popcorn. Add salt to taste.
And, voila! These are the perfect popcorn accompaniments for any event. Let us know if you tried making these or if you have other tasty popcorn combinations!